FatCow is a good option if you’re starting a website and need short-term hosting for a low-traffic domain. They offer limited hosting plans to make it more affordable – at least before you choose to renew. As a result, FatCow is an excellent hosting option if you’re starting a new job and don’t want to spend a lot of money on a higher-end server.
FatCow employs unique marketing and advertisement strategies that are related to its brand. Cattle and other farm animals are the focus of the promotion. It promotes itself as a fun-loving hosting company that is highly user-friendly, even for newcomers.
FatCow is entirely powered by renewable wind energy. When you buy a plan, you’re helping reduce the amount of carbon dioxide released into the atmosphere. Let’s take a closer look at FatCow’s features to see if it’s the right hosting choice for you.
Table of Contents
What is FatCow?
Endurance International owns FatCow, which is an internet hosting company. They also offer a full range of hosting services, including shared hosting, VPS servers, and premium branding domains. So, FatCow is a company that provides hosting and internet services. FatCow has been around for a long time. They started in 1998 and were based in Burlington, Massachusetts — possibly in the same data center as their sister company, iPage.
So, FatCow has made a name for itself by focusing on inexperienced and DIY website owners and all fun, friendly newcomers — all of them.
Thus, FatCow, like many other shared hosting companies, also offers email, a site builder, and a variety of other web-related services, as well as 24-hour support. FatCow is an Endurance International brand that offers low-cost web hosting. The exclusive “Fat Cow” theme conceals full-service hosting for both personal and business websites.
FatCow is well-known for its low-cost hosting plans that are jam-packed with features. A free domain name, site creator, and unlimited disk space are included in their shared and WordPress plans. Hence, FatCow is among the most cost-effective web hosting services available. For a low price, they provide excellent hosting features and host functionality. FatCow should be at the top of your list if you’re looking for a low-cost, dependable web host.
Why should you prefer It?
FatCow was established to provide a fun and friendly hosting option to creatives and small business owners and a commitment to excellent service and quality products. FatCow is a well-known and reputable hosting company. Endurance International, one of the most crucial web services firms on the internet, owns them.
FatCow, based in Burlington, Massachusetts, has been in operation since 1998. FatCow is also a fabrication. Also, They aren’t a shady hosting company. Hence, FatCow is a platform for hosting websites and web apps. They concentrate their marketing efforts on low-cost websites and free site apps that are bundled with hosting. All have a full range of site items, including domain names, hosting, email, and web design.
Many FatCow reviews can be found online, with most of them relying on user-generated testimonials centered on anecdotes and personal experience. That’s good, but I take a different approach, considering the server’s advantages and disadvantages. FatCow is a good option if you’re starting a website and need short-term hosting for a low-traffic domain. They offer limited hosting plans to make it more affordable – at least before you choose to renew.
As a result, if you’re starting a new job and don’t want to invest in a higher-end server, FatCow is an excellent hosting option.
Features of FatCow
The FatCow hosting plans come with a range of features. If you want more information about the features, you’ll get it when you sign up for FatCow hosting. Your strategy will include the following:
- 100% powered by wind power.
- A free domain name.
- Unlimited email boxes.
- It also includes Free shifting of domain names and free migration of websites from different hosts to FatCow.
- Handle unlimited domains.
- Automated renewal of domain names.
- Easy-to-use blog builders.
- VDeck is your control panel. It is user-friendly with many features for managing sites, scripts, emails, domain names, documents, and databases.
- It is made to operate without needing advanced technical abilities.
- Accessible supports for Drupal, WordPress, phpBB, Joomla, and tons of other people with a few simple clicks of your mouse.
- All websites are hosted on Linux servers on Apache-powered server farms.
- It also includes 24/7/365 service by live chat, email, and telephone.
- Bonus Adwords Voucher! Get traffic to your website instantly by utilizing the $100 Adwords voucher.
- Facebook Advertising Credit — Harness societal traffic. You may begin with a $50 Facebook ad charge.
- Free Yellow Pages Listing: Get your website listed on YP.com, a directory for those searching for neighborhood services.
- WordPress Blogging: Utilize the best blogging system to print your site.
- Unlimited Disk Space, Transport, and Bandwidth
- Infinite Domains and MySQL Databases
- Internet Hosting Control Panel
- 24/7 Network Monitoring
- Visitor Statistics/Site Traffic Reporting
- Free Cloud Storage Account
- Unlimited Email Addresses in Your Domain Name
- CMSs (Joomla, Drupal, WordPress)
- Website, Forum, and Photo Gallery Installs
- POP3/IMAP Mail Accounts
- NetApp Snapshot Data Backups
- Double OC-48 Connections on Diverse Backbones
- High-Performance Load Balanced Servers
- FTP Supervisor
- accessibility to Online Marketing Guides
- $100 Google AdWords Give
- $50 Charge for Yahoo!/Bing Sponsored Lookup
- $50 Charge for Facebook Advertising
- Free Yellowpages.com List
- It also has a Free Toll-Free Phone Number (US Only)
- Free Online Store
- Selection of Shopping Cart
- PayPal Integration
- ShopSite Shopping Cart
- Starter osCommerce Shopping Cart
- AgoraCart Shopping Cart
- Shared SSL
1. Virtual Private Servers
A VPS program could be appropriate for you if you want a dedicated server at no cost. In addition to access to the control panel, you’ll have root access. So, With this type of strategy, you have a lot more room to develop. Thus, A personalized email address, unlimited domain names and sub-domains, autoresponders, spam security, and many other features are available.
VPS hosting is a great way to get a specific server service set without having to reserve an entire server. Although your site is hosted on the same server as other websites, you have complete control over a set amount of resources.
2. Dedicated Hosting
That is the plan for you if you have a thriving business and need a devoted host. It’s ideal for e-commerce sites that need to update a shared framework quickly. You can either manage your website yourself or hire a FatCow expert to do so.
You get comprehensive security, optimal results, faster rates (valid for websites with a large number of visitors), and much more. It has a bandwidth of 5 TB. The term “dedicated hosting” refers to the rental of an entire dedicated server. It’s the best way to get the most power and functionality out of your system. FatCow offers a range of cost-effective and reliable hosting services.
3. WordPress Hosting
You can choose between two tactics if you want a WordPress website. You’ll have a range of topics to choose from, as well as several pre-installed plug-ins. There is a personalized control panel with increased protection and comprehensive support to meet all of your needs.
Although WordPress can run on shared hosting, many hosting companies provide WordPress hosting programs to meet the needs of their clients and the hardware requirements of WordPress. Many hosting companies offer “WordPress hosting” that is identical to their shared hosting plans.
4. Reseller Hosting
Recurring income is convenient since satisfied customers can continue to pay year after year. You get wholesale rates to sell programs for your clients and enjoy the annual passive profits.
5. Daily Server Backups
FatCow provides each program daily. They do, however, have power over the restoration of those copies. That’s pretty normal for most budget plans, but it’s something to keep in mind if you depend on these copies.
You can add Backup and Restore to your site to protect it if you want to manage your copies yourself. The prices for these plans start at $1.14 per month. You can restore your website to a previous backup at any time with this software. Keep in mind that if you upgraded as a backup, you could lose your work.
6. Uptime Guarantee Kept
FatCow does not guarantee uptime and thus does not publish such information. That isn’t to say you can’t keep track of uptime. I’ve done so, and the results are listed below.
Fatcow is one of many hosting companies that can assert near-perfect uptime (we quantified 99.9percent more than a 30-day interval). Even though there is no perfect solution for hosting (even Amazon’s website crashes from time to time), it is possible to expect high uptime and responsiveness when so many variables are taken into account.
My sites load quickly enough that I’ve discovered that server rate optimization needs to be given serious consideration. You must cater to all of your clients.
7. Simple File Manager
Linking to a site via FTP isn’t always possible, for example, if you’re operating on a device that doesn’t have an FTP client installed (such as FileZilla). In situations like this, the built-in file manager comes in handy. It’s not flashy, but it does the job. You can change permissions, rename, remove, refresh, and upload folders and files.
8. MySQL for Database Driven Websites
You will seldom need to work with MySQL if you use the SimpleScripts installer to set up your WordPress site or any of the various open-source programs available. If you’re a power user or want to set up something that isn’t available in SimpleScripts and doesn’t have access to a car installer, you’ll have to deal with MySQL.
9. Database Management Interface
You have a page that lists all of your databases. You can choose one of these and then go to the MySQL interface. It’s not intuitive and goes outside the reach of this review, but you should be aware that all shared hosting companies provide MySQL for database management. That isn’t a FatCow problem.
10. Building a Site
The only named WebsiteBuilder, the one I used to create my test site for this study, has been compromised. There are several attractive templates available for customizing your website, so you won’t have to look elsewhere to groom your online presence.
WebsiteBuilder allows me to be specific about the title of my website, then use the HTML5-powered builder to drag and drop page elements like images and text. It’s also easy to use. It is not necessary to use Website Builder. In addition to the above WordPress, you can use Weebly, FileManager, or even FTP.
11. E-Commerce and Safety
Ecwid Online Store, Mojo Marketplace, and ShopSite Starter are some of FatCow’s e-commerce alternatives for selling items online. Search engine optimization (search engine optimization ) and email marketing tools are also included in the backend Control Panel.
Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption is required to protect payment transmissions if you want to sell products online. FatCow has teamed up with Comodo to sell SSL certificates, which start at $35.99 per year. The vanilla edition offers security through multiple subdomains, a $10,000 guarantee, and secure customer information, as well as a Seal of Trust emblem. A $1,750,000 warranty and a green”trust” visual pub are included in the top-tier E-Commerce Security scheme (starting at $269 per year).
12. Ultimate Uptime
One of the most important aspects of hosting support is website uptime. Customers or clients will be unable to find you or obtain your goods or services if your website is unavailable, and they may not return. A website with low uptime may not receive a high score in a PCMag review; however, other important factors may be.
During this testing, I continue to use a website monitoring tool to keep track of my test websites’ uptime. The instrument pings each site every 15 minutes. It gives me an email address if I can’t reach the website for more than a second. For each hosting service I investigate, I look at data from the previous fourteen days.
FatCow performed admirably well in my most recent round of assessments. My website did not respond for an extended period of time. You can rely on it to have a rock-solid hosting experience as long as it stays on this program.
13. Cool Client Services
FatCow offers both online chat and contact center 24 hours a day, seven days a week. When I asked for a description of hosting over the internet, a FatCow customer support representative jumped into the conversation in less than a second. I also called the 24-hour phone service and asked the same question. I received a satisfactory response from the representative.
I’m ecstatic period with FatCow’s aid organization. It’s easily one of the most critical customer service departments I’ve seen in the web hosting industry. An information database is also available for analysis on the website. FatCow offers a fair 30-day money-back guarantee, but DreamHost outperforms it with a whopping 97-day money-back guarantee.
14. A Worthy Web Hosting Service
FatCow has many good features, but it just loses out on Editors’ Choice in the shared and WordPress categories. Anyone looking to build a website should look at this Internet Host, as it has outstanding uptime, well-rounded systems, and excellent customer support.
Pros and Cons
- FatCow has a lot of features that are beneficial for retail websites.
- You’ll have a plethora of domain names, sub-domains, bandwidth, and storage to choose from it.
- Marketing credits worth more than $250.
- Simple to use, thanks to this free site builder that is simple to understand, even for beginners.
- If you want to sell online, you’ll need access to buying resources. Shopping carts, catalogs with discount and sales options, PayPal integration, and credit card sales can all be done online with these programs.
- You have a personalized email address. It gives you a more professional appearance and allows you to access your email from anywhere.
- FatCow is one of the most substantial hosting firms, with less downtime than many of its competitors.
- Using the user-friendly website builder, you can create a website in minutes.
- The simple control panel allows you to get up and run quickly.
- Low introductory rates
- A broad selection of hosting kinds
- Powerful uptime
- Outstanding customer support
- It can take a long time to get through to live chat, and although the prices are low, you miss out on the speed and operation of your website.
- Following your first year of hosting, the price of your hosting service would skyrocket.
- Windows hosting is not sponsored, and the committed service only has one approach, so if you want a semi-dedicated program, you won’t be able to do so.
- No more supplying “green” hosting
- It does Not have Windows hosting
- No Windows-based servers
FatCow offers just one Linux-based shared hosting plan, which starts at only $5.00 a month. We like that we can pay by the month, particularly on the more affordable plans. However, if you sign up three years ahead of time, you can get the buy price down to $4.08 a month. You get unlimited email, unlimited disk space, and “heaps of bandwidth” with FatCow’s service.
While FatCow does not explicitly state that it offers unlimited monthly data transfers, the site claims that its”structure was designed to promote more than 99.5 percent” of the clients’ needs.” The program also includes a free domain, which is a no-brainer in this region.
- Cost per month (12 months): $4.08
- $4.08 a month (24-month)
- https://www.fatcow.com is the website.
- Lowest Monthly Cost Guarantee Promo Connection with a Special Discount
FatCow has undoubtedly outlived its usefulness. It used to be a reliable service to give its customers, but it has since vanished. This specific host made me happy, but it’s time to put this cow out to pasture. Proceed to one of the other hosts that the same company manages. You would be able to get the same dependable service at a lower price. In our research, FatCow, a web hosting company, was stable and provided great client service. It’s particularly well-suited to shared hosting and WordPress hosting.