Have you learned both good and bad stuff about eHost and aren’t sure if you need to sign up? EHost is a low-cost entry-level web host, and our eHost analysis will provide you with all the information that you need to know before making an informed decision.
If you need a hosting provider for personal or small business purposes, you can add eHost to your account list. They offer shared hosting plans with endless bandwidth and storage, as well as unlimited domains, at rock-bottom prices.
It’s easy to see why eHost specializes in shared hosting with over one million websites hosted. eHost is a fun way to get started on the internet for those on a budget or with minimal technical skills. However, keep in mind that you’ll need to move your website to a new server if you want to scale up. Additionally, eHost does not allow streaming video or audio to their websites to keep bandwidth uses low.
Table of Contents
What is eHost?
EHost.com is a web hosting solutions company that offers an excellent price-to-feature ratio. The business claims to offer anything that users might want to sponsor and maintain their site for a fair price, and it is aimed at demanding users. The provider provides a variety of services at a low cost, including unrestricted distance, bandwidth, email addresses, and domain names.
eHost offers these features in one box, unlike many other service providers that provide high-end attributes at a higher cost. The drag-and-drop website builder is ideal for consumers who aren’t familiar with WordPress or programming languages, and it comes with a variety of eye-catching models.
Well, it’s just a matter of a few clicks to install WordPress and other programs. The website builder, on the other hand, will not work with cPanel, and experts advise against using site builders because they are sometimes less flexible than other options like WordPress.
Endurance International is the owner of EHost, an internet hosting company. They offer a single unlimited shared Linux hosting plan (which the website builder Onalmost all new website owners want). They’ve been around for a while, but their parent company just relaunched them.
Their data center is in Houston, Texas, and it appears to be in the same building as their sister company HostGator. eHost, like many other shared hosting companies, offers email, a site builder, and a variety of other services in addition to web hosting.
EHost is a low-cost web hosting company that was established in 1999—the company known for its simplicity, allowing even inexperienced web developers to start creating websites right away. eHost was rebranded in 2015 with a new logo, a new control panel, and a new website design. Endurance International Group, Inc. currently owns E-host.
eHost, unlike many other hosting companies, does not provide dedicated servers or virtual private servers. It only provides low-cost shared hosting, which means that your website’s hosting information is stored on a server that also hosts many other people’s websites.
Performance and Uptime of eHost
EHost guarantees a 99.9% uptime and offers to refund your hosting fee within one month if this guarantee isn’t reached. However, server maintenance does not count as downtime, and it is free to accept any number. eHost appears to meet the uptime promise, according to several reviewers who have posted uptime charts and analysis graphs on the internet.
eHost is known for its fast server response times. If you start a WordPress account, you can use additional plug-ins, including WP Super Cache and W3 Total Cache, to improve load times.
We started our eHost testing with its site service, and our first impressions were not favorable. The Control Panel has a service connection, but it takes you to a new page on the service website, which only has three featured articles and a search box. We usually support fast site maintenance, but in this case, we’d like to see more FAQs or topic links. eHost, oddly enough, organizes the posts into groups, but they aren’t visible on the first page.
We typed in ‘Import WordPress’ in the search box and blew away by the results. Not only were there a lot of similar hits, but they also stack in a logical order, with the most sizable hits at the top.
Individual articles were not the best we’ve seen, with several being a little too short and some skipping over the screenshots that rival outfits might have. They did, however, provide a lot of valuable tips, guiding clients in the right direction and supplying them with enough info to get the job done.
We used single keywords like MySQL, Apache, and PHP to perform our searches. That could a helpful way to check the number of posts on a topic and how they’re prioritized, and eHost did an excellent job with it. Not only did we give a wealth of helpful information, but essential posts were placed near the top of the list, such as the very first MySQL record: ‘How do I create a MySQL database, either an individual or a group, then delete if necessary?’ “
We tested this out with a few mid-range questions about eHost products — nothing too specialized, but with a few general knowledge requirements of this support and had excellent results. Answer times varied from ten minutes to half an hour; the representatives got straight to the point without asking additional questions and gave us clear and concise answers.
There is also a ticketing and email service available. It could take some time (our first ticket unresponsive for over seven hours), but the broker responded to this question in depth once more.
On our eHost server, we completed our research by running a couple of simple performance tests. It seemed to be in Texas, so there was a slight delay in reaction time in the UK, but US connections were swift, and the host was slightly faster than usual. The special rates you’ll see will vary depending on the type of website and the host you get, but our testing revealed no significant issues that could slow you down.
Upsells & Messaging
Upsells may be a great idea. If you have the funds, they provide options to enhance your purchase. They also keep the cost of the base product down for everyone else. EHost does an excellent job of avoiding upsell interruptions. They’re not intrusive, and they’re often limited to the top of your accounts and verification screens. What I don’t like are the upsells themselves, as well as a host’s messaging.
It’s one thing to make things that benefit people. When you’re selling Twitter followers and hyperlinks in spammy directories, it’s one thing to have items that can damage them.
If you want to take advantage of eHost’s pricing and avoid the upsells, you can do so. However, I included this fact in the disadvantages section because I believe it reflects eHost’s underlying company culture: “let us promote something to our customers to maximize lifetime customer value.” This disadvantage can use in whatever way you like, but it is something that eHost offers.
Safety and Backups
eHost employs many security measures to safeguard their servers to keep customer data secure. To begin different, their framework includes a customized firewall, flood mitigation, and extensive mod security tsunami struck, which protect servers from various attacks such as DDoS and hacking attempts. The information centers themselves will highly secure, with only approve personnel having access.
Website owners are well aware of the importance of routine data backups. So, There are times when you’ll need a copy of your website. Servers, for example, may reappear from time to time, or you may inadvertently remove files when browsing through the machine’s folders.
Fortunately, eHost does not charge anything for backups of less than 20GB websites in size. After a week, the copies will be ready. You can, however, perform a manual backup at any time using cPanel.
Assistance and Support
You can contact support in one of three ways if you need assistance with eHost services. The first option is to open a help ticket and connect with the company via email. You may also contact a broker via live chat or over the phone.
So, what do you hope to get out of eHost’s customer service? Ok, based on our research, it appears to be a mixed bag. Some customers claim they had a great experience, and others say they had a bad experience, to put it mildly, while dealing with the service workers.
If you don’t need technical assistance, the good news is that eHost offers a wealth of online support documentation that you can use to troubleshoot common problems. A searchable knowledge base with support posts and FAQ pages is available in the service center.
Ease of Use
Enrolling in eHost is a simple process. It serves as a barometer of the overall experience of building a website on the platform. After selecting a domain name, you’ll direct your cPanel, where you can install various website platforms, including a site builder.
We recommend the site builder to new customers who want to create a fantastic and modern-looking home page without knowing how to code. The builder is built on a drag-and-drop platform that allows you to add new components and articles to your website by dragging them around.
Is it necessary for you to sell goods on your website? With its easy-to-use eCommerce results, EHost.com has also you covered. EHost allows you to connect directly to Paypal to process payments and effectively sell goods. There’s also an eCommerce upgrade option that turns your site into a full-fledged eCommerce shop, which is perfect if you have a lot of items in different categories.
The eCommerce upgrade is more expensive, but it is well worth it. You’ll be able to see stock levels, add new items, calculate tax, and ship everything from a single control panel, which is pretty many users On almost-friendly.
EHost is so popular that they have many extra features that many other web hosts charge extra for it.
The site builder on EHost is simple to use, with a drag-and-drop guide that shows you precisely what you’ll get.
You’re not alone if you don’t know how to write code. Fortunately, eHost comes with an extensive database of site templates, so you’ll never have to learn or register a single line of code. Simply search their database for a prototype that fits your needs by keyword or type. Since they’re designed to be fully sensitive, their site templates look great not only on a desktop computers but also on tablet computers and mobile devices.
Extra features of eHost
- Raid storage
- Website builder
- Infinite and scalable data Storage and Transfer
- Free domain (1,2,3 year Programs only)
- DNS Management
- 24/7 FTP access
- Password protected directories
- Custom error pages
- One-click Program library
- ShopSite Newcomer
- MySQL, phpMyAdmin
- Daily DB Copies
- Web stats, Reports, and Logs
- 24×7 support
- Shopping carts and online Shop
- PayPal integration
- Mobile optimized
- High-performance load-balanced servers
How to Install WordPress on eHost
- Log in to your cPanel.
- Find the Fast Installs segment and click on the WordPress icon on the webpage.
- Click on the Install WordPress button on another page:
Fill out the form with the following information:
- Base domains for your installation, as well as the website you want to load under it. For example, if you want your WordPress URL to be mydomain.com/site rather than just mydomain.com. If you input, your website will view this expansion continuously.
- In the Admin Mail area, type an email address to which the admin password should send. Make sure this is a valid email address.
- Put the site’s title in the Blog Title area. Because of the title of your website, this is what will appear in the header.
- Put your username in the Admin Username field.
- Your name.
- When you’re ready to go, click Install WordPress. You’ll be able to tell if the setup is complete by looking at a progress bar at the top of the page. After that, you’ll be able to start working on your WordPress website.
- In your inbox, you should find your WordPress username and password, as well as a link to the WordPress dashboard.
Pricing for eHost
EHost.com offers a variety of SMB and business pricing options to meet the needs of different customers. Examine the details and choose the best package for your business:
Promotional Rates (valid until the conclusion of the initial term only)
- Monthly Plan: $9.95/month ($19.99 Installation fee)
- Quarterly Plan: $8.95/month ($19.99 Installation fee)
- 1-year Plan: $7.95/month
- 2-year Plan: $6.95/month
- 3-year Plan: $5.95/month
Regular Rates (Applicable after the Initial term is finished)
- Pounds: $14.95
- Quarterly: $44.85 ($14.95/month)
- 1-year: $179.40 ($14.95/month)
- 2-year $334.80 ($13.95/month)
- 3-year $466.20 ($12.95/month)
Pros and Cons
- Advertising credits are given for free. That is an online store. Unlimited domain names.
- Fully featured, with the ability to create a website using either a traditional cPanel or a proprietary site builder.
- It also includes a slew of freebies, including a $100 Google and Bing ad credit.
- Packages are inexpensive, and they have a 45-day money-back guarantee.
- Exceptional customer service available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, Over $450 in freebies!
- Low-cost shared hosting providers with plenty of extras, including a free life domain name and $200 in advertising credits. 30-day money-back guarantee.
- 45-day money-back guarantee.
- Reliable 99.9% uptime.
- It will support 24/7 service and an internet help portal with loads of incremental tutorials.
- Simple to use website builder.
- Support for eCommerce and WordPress-based Sites.
- Free domain name.
- Best programs on the Net. Free email address. Free website builder. Google webmaster applications.
- EHost does not provide scalable hosting plans. They specialize in joint hosting plans. It means that if your site expands to the point where it needs a VPS or dedicated server, you’ll need to switch hosting providers.
- eHost does not allow you to host sites that stream music videos or files. Because of their resource-intensive demands, Flash servers are not recommended for use on eHost shared servers.
- EHost does not provide a free site transfer service or a direct superior service for visiting sites. On the other hand, the company has printed guides and other support materials that walk customers through the site-moving process.
- The hosting prices aren’t the highest in the industry, and they’re often subpar.
- There are only shared hosting packages available, which means you’ll have to discuss your server with various websites.
If you’re looking for a reliable web host with plenty of features to help you create a beautiful, professional-looking website, we highly recommend eHost. You can use their drag and drop site builder to develop unique sites or fantastic eCommerce shops even if you’re a total beginner.
Whether you want eHost or not is ultimately determined by your hosting needs and budget. This web host is perfect for anyone on a tight budget, first-time website owners looking for drag-and-drop simplicity, or anyone who wants to maintain a high-traffic website.
eHost provides an all-in-one web hosting and site-building solution for private and business use, with everything under one roof. EHost offers a variety of flexible hosting plans that are suitable for any budget, large or small.